About IWED 2018
Call for Papers / 31 Jan – 02 Feb 2018 / Moscow
The workshop on Electric Drives is an annual event held by the Department of Electric Drives at the National Research University «Moscow Power Engineering Institute».
Over the past 25 years it has become one of the major events in the field of electric drive technology and attracts scientists and researchers from all over Russia and abroad to share their research experience.
From this year onward, and in order to further expand international scientific cooperation, the workshop will be conducted in the English language and supported by the broadened international scientific committee including technical support from the IEEE (Russia Section IE/PE/PEL/IA Joint Chapter).
Topics and Sessions
The list of the topics of the workshop includes but is not limited to the following:
Oral Session: Optimization in Control of Electric Drives
– Optimal control strategies of electric power converters
– Improving efficiency of the electrical machines by means of control
– Improving accuracy of the measurement in close-loop control
– Reducing CPU utilization and control delays minimization
– Accurate current, speed and positioning control
Poster Session: Other Topics on Electric Drives
– Power converters for electric drives
– Control systems of electric drives
– Electrical machines for variable speed drives
– Traction electric drives